LACS focuses on communication and developing the following skills:
LANGUAGE SKILLS (assessed according to CEFR - the Common European Framework of References for languages).
COMMUNICATION SKILLS a professional environment.
INTERCULTURAL SKILLS in a multicultural work environment.
We help students to develop an uninhibited approach to languages and to take pleasure in mastering foreign languages. Our courses are largely based on active learning: problem-solving, role play, collaborative learning, debating, scenario-based learning, etc.
Our strength: diversity!
• Debating:the club gathers once a week for a debate on philosophy, politics, social issues, and anything that strikes our fancy! Each year, the club takes part in the FDA Tournament between various universities and grandes écoles.
• More than 50 English elective courses, such as: Populism, protectionism and the environment, Costa Rica : a pioneer country for the environmental cause, If I ruled the world… create your own sim city
• Scientific and English teachers work together with students on ‘Introduction to Research’ Projects to produce scientific content delivered in English via academic presentations and articles.
• 10 other languages can be studied: German, Arabic, Chinese, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Japanese, Portuguese, French Sign language, and French as a foreign language (FLE). Special attention is given to foreign students, with many activities organised to welcome them on campus and integrate them into the school. We have been awarded the Welcome to France label by Campus France..
• The Intercultural Workshop (25 hours) prepares our students for professional life by focusing on intercultural relations and management issues. More than 400 students from 31 nationalities, supervised by 30 tutors and divided into small, multicultural teams, take part every year.