The goal is to open up the Grandes Ecoles and the professional world to these students and thereby offer them motivating professional perspectives through mentoring from working engineers who are former students of ISAE-SUPAERO and ENAC.
This scheme exists since 2022 and came about through:
- The collaboration of the teaching teams of the partner high schools in the Toulouse Academy: Lycée Bellevue, Lycée Déodat de Séverac and Lycée Pierre de Fermat in Toulouse, Lycée Jean Dupuy and Lycée Théophile Gautier in Tarbes, and Lycée Ferdinand Foch in Rodez,
- The mobilisation of graduates and students from ISAE-SUPAERO and ENAC,
- The support of our partners: the Conseil Régional Occitanie, the Académie Occitanie, the Fondation Dassault Systèmes, Airbus, Elior, the Commissariat à la lutte contre la pauvreté d’Occitanie, and the CREPS de Toulouse.
The student benefits from personalized and individual support from a former student mentor, depending on his/her availability and needs. Students are supported right up to the time of the examinations by a former student of ISAE-SUPAERO or ENAC who draws on his/her experience to provide support and answers to any questions the student has and guides them in the decisions they have to make.
The scheme provides training to mentors on how to best help preparatory school students.
IMMERSION COURSES AT ISAE-SUPAERO AND ENAC
These courses are an opportunity for the students to discover the campus of a Grande École, to talk with former preparatory school students and professionals with inspiring careers, to meet their mentor, consolidate their knowledge and learn how to better manage the years spent in preparatory school.
Two immersion courses in the 1st year:
An immersion program during the autumn holidays focusing on:
- Group cohesion
- getting to know your mentor
- meeting other students
- Reflecting on academic and professional projects
- personal development workshops
- Exchanges with second-year CPGE students
An immersion program during the spring holidays dedicated to:
- Determining TIPE subjects
- consolidating skills in non-scientific subjects
- Work on oral skills
Two immersion courses in 2ᵉ year:
An immersion course during the autumn holidays allows:
- More in-depth preparation for oral examinations
- Completion of TIPE assignments
- A presentation by CROUS on the assistance available
- Discussions with students about the competition process
- CROUS information on the assistance available
A final immersion course in February to:
- Enjoy a privileged working environment on the ISAE-SUPAERO and ENAC campuses
ONE-OFF ACTIONS IN PARTNER HIGH SCHOOLS
- Guidance evening
- Testimonials from inspiring professionals
THE STUDENTS CONCERNED
Students targeted: scholarship girls and students preparing for the examinations for admission to the Grandes Ecoles.
Three partner institutions in 2023-2024: Lycée Bellevue / Lycée Déodat de Séverac / Lycée Pierre de Fermat
Inclusion of a total of 91 pupils in the scheme since September 2022 :
- 42 students supported, including 36 girls, all with grants, all in the first year of CPGE for 2022-2023
- 79 students in total in 2023-2024: 30 in the second year from 2022 and 49 in the first year.
OSE ISAE-SUPAERO’S COMMITMENT
- Support these students during their preparatory school years and right up to the examinations
- Support students in building their academic projects and career ambitions
- Help students gain deeper understanding of the world of the Grandes Ecoles, the scientific professions and the world of engineering
- Help students develop and realize their full potential
- Support from mentors to prepare the oral examinations
- Open up the Grandes Ecoles to a broader population through deeper rather than structural transformations
- Greater social openness in Grandes Ecoles and engineering colleges
- Creation of an innovative scheme over the entire Occitanie territory
OUR PARTNERS AND PATRONS
La Fondation d’entreprise FDJ
Would you like to get involved in the equal opportunities program?
Contact Julie DEVAUX by clicking here.
Project Manager for the OSE inGÉ program!