The missions of doctoral schools
The doctoral schools handle doctoral courses and prepare the PhD students to their future professional career after the PhD program. They
define an admission policy
organize exchanges between the PhD student and the scientific community; propose courses with a view to develop a strong interdisciplinary scientific culture, including an advanced knowledge of international research organization
ensure that every PhD student receives training in ethics and scientific integrity
develop quality monitoring of PhD courses
help students prepare their future career
contribute to European and international exchanges
The 15 Doctoral Schools of the Federal University of Toulouse Midi-Pyrenees are organized in a Doctoral College whose mission is to promote the PhD degree in the socio-economic world, with actions along three lines:
- Training: supporting the doctoral students’ professional project
- International: inform, guide and support doctoral students in their international project
- Employment of Doctors: preparing the career path of doctors
ISAE-SUPAERO accredited by 5 doctoral schools and leading institution of the Aeronautics-Astronautics doctoral school
ISAE-SUPAERO is accredited to deliver the PhD degree from the University of Toulouse to PhD students affiliated with 6 doctoral schools, including the Aeronautics-Astronautics (AA) doctoral school, for which it serves as the leading institution.
The Aeronautics-Astronautics doctoral school (ED AA)
A cross-disciplinary doctoral school of which ISAE-SUPAERO is the supporting institution, ED AA is dedicated to hosting the interdisciplinary theses of the aeronautics and space sector. The research activities conducted within AA involve several scientific fields and deal with large scale aerospace systems architecture and related applications.
This doctoral school includes many scientific disciplines involving engineering sciences, physics and mathematics as well as information and communication sciences, earth and space sciences, and humanities and the sciences of the Man and Society including art, law, cognitive sciences, and medicine. This diversity is reflected in the variety of enrollment establishments and the host groups of doctoral theses completed under the aegis of the EDAA:
- Cross-disciplinary doctoral school which brings together aeronautics and astronautics related interdisciplinary doctoral theses.
- Accredited institutions: University Toulouse Capitole, University Jean Jaurès, University Paul Sabatier, National Polytechnic Institute of Toulouse, Applied Sciences National Institute of Toulouse and Mines Albi.
- The ED-AA can host theses prepared in all the research teams of the University of Toulouse.
The 5 other doctoral schools for which ISAE-SUPAERO is accredited
Electrical engineering, Electronics, Telecommunications: from system to nano-system (GEET)
Mechanics, Energetics, Civil Engineering and Processes (MEGeP)
Mathematics, Computer Science and Telecommunications (MITT)
Geoscience, Astrophysics and Space Science (SDU2E)