The Institute: a world leader in aerospace engineering higher education
- ISAE-SUPAERO is accredited to deliver doctoral degrees.
- The Institute delivers around fifty doctoral degrees per year.
- Doctoral students completing their doctorate at ONERA (The French Aerospace Lab) in Toulouse are enrolled at ISAE-SUPAERO.
- Doctorates are supported by a wide range of funding (Higher Education and Research Ministry, DGA – French Defense Department, CNES – French National Space Agency, Region, Industry…).
The most advanced degree internationally
The doctoral program delivers training in and through research. The program is designed to lead to the production of new knowledge. It includes personal research work completed by the doctoral student and complementary training. It leads to the award of the national doctoral degree. The doctoral program is organized within the framework of the doctoral schools.
Doctoral program overview
- 3 years completed within a research group in a doctoral school
- Training in and through research
- Once the student has successfully defended his or her thesis, a national doctoral degree is awarded. It is the final stage of the qualifications framework of the European Higher Education Area (created in accordance with the Bologna agreement).
- 3 years’ professional experience in a laboratory.
The doctoral schools
A doctoral school includes research units and teams from several institutions which host the doctoral students. It implements the doctoral student admissions policy, organizes scientific exchanges between doctoral students and within the scientific community, delivers training and helps foster the career development of doctoral students.