Each year, 4 grants (each amounting to 60k Euros, corresponding to half funding of a PhD thesis) will be awarded by TSAE, under the following conditions:
- The other part of the PhD funding is ensured
- One of the thesis advisors is either from ONERA, ENAC or ISAE-SUPAERO
- The PhD topic falls in the areospace engineering domain and is multidisciplinary or/and the thesis implies an international joint supervision.
In order to strengthen scientific exchanges between research groups and to favor approaches diversity, TSAE has elected to support multidisciplinary theses. The latter are embodied by two supervisors, each one with a different scientific discipline. PhD students participating to such an aerospace engineering multidisciplinary program should be registered at ISAE-SUPAERO and affiliated with the Aeronautics Astronautics (AA) doctoral school.
Similarly, strengthening of scientific exchanges between research groups in France and abroad, as well as development of PhD students mobility are main objectives of TSAE. Accordingly, jointly supervised theses will be given special support. These theses involve two universities, one in France one abroad, who sign an agreement regarding a joint PhD program. The PhD student is registered in both universities and under the scientific supervision of two advisors, one in each university. Such program leads to a double diploma.
How to apply
The application file should be sent, in pdf format, by email before May 11, 2018.
It should contain:
- the student CV and marks
- recommendation letters
- a detailed description of the PhD topic
- a commitment either from the partner university (case of an international joint supervision) or from the co-funder (case of a multidisciplinary thesis).
Candidatures will be ranked by the end of May 2018, and definitely validated once co-funding is guaranteed.