The team conducts research in the field of signal processing and antenna processing for radar applications, satellite navigation and satellite communications.
The main research areas are:
- Adaptive antennas: electromagnetic modelling and characterization of antenna networks, spatio temporal filtering (bundle formation, anti-jamming, signal location and detection.
- Robust methods for navigation in constrained environments: development of navigation in challenging environments (urban canyons, indoors, multi-path), in particular thanks to hybrid data acquisition and sensor fusion (ie GNSS and INS or vision).
- Optimization of radio-electrical resources for satellite telecommunications: Ka band propagation models, adaptive coding-modulation schemes, flexibility and frequency reuse mechanisms.
Research is conducted in partnership with:
- companies within the Thales Groupe (Thales Alenia Space, Thales Airborne System, Thales Avionics),
- with support from CNES and DGA, in collaboration with IRIT, the LAPLACE laboratory and different European universities.