Research activities cover a wide spectrum of optics from the millimeter to Terahertz scale.
Activities are organized into 7 main research areas:
- VCSEL microwave photonics systems
- Design of integrated matrix imagers (visible and near IR)
- Térahertz active imaging ;
- Visible active imagery/high space resolution spectral imagery
- Optical properties of materials (sources, targets) and the environment ;
- Satellite interactions with its environment ;
- Impact of the space environment on electronic systems.
This research involves many cooperative partnerships with academic institutions (UT3, Paris VII, Paris XI), research centers (LAAS, Femto St, CEA, CNES, DGA) and industry (THALES, EADS ASTRIUM, MBDA, AIRBUS, STMicroelectronics, SAFRAN, DlightSys, Alphanov). OLIMPES also collaborates with the following international organizations: EPFL, TUM Münich, DLR, NICT Japan.