The ICA is a Joint Research Unit (UMR 5312) which brings together researchers from CNRS, IMT Mines Albi, INSA Toulouse, ISAE-SUPAERO and l’Université Toulouse III.
ICA focuses on the study of mechanical structures, systems, and processes. People working here are from the four main higher education and research institutions in the Midi-Pyrénées region; including PhD students preparing PhD in mechanical engineering ; structures ; systems ; processes etc.
The ICA carries out experimental, theoretical and numerical research with the aim of understanding, modelling and measuring the behavior and evolution of mechanical materials, structures and systems, in their service conditions, with a particular focus on aeronautics and space-related problems and applications.
Research is conducted in the four following areas:
- behavior of composite materials under damage ;
- fatigue of metallic structures and materials ;
- the mechanics of structures : vibration, dissipation, control ;
- Advanced numerical methods and instrumentation for structural mechanics
The ICA works with:
- many industrial partners (Airbus, EADS IW, Latécoère, Eurocopter, Astrium),
- research organizations (CNRS, CEA, ONERA, CNES), national academic organizations (ABOMAP, CEMEF, CETIM, CNAM Paris),
- regional academic organizations (CEMES, CIRIMAT, CESR)
- international organizations in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, among others.
You are looking for a PhD in mechanical engineering? in structural mechanics ? in structures and systems? Check out the open positions for the ICA doctoral resarch team through our Department of Mechanics, Structures, and Materials!