EDyF doctoral research team - Energetics and fluid dynamics
The EDyF doctoral research team is affiliated with the MEGeP doctoral school. It is comprised of the Department of aerodynamics, energetics, and propulsion (DAEP) of ISAE SUPAERO and the Department of models for aerodynamics and energetics (DMAE) of the ONERA.
This group includes 70 researchers and professors and over 40 doctoral students. Research, both fundamental and applied, focuses on the fields of aerodynamics (internal and external), energetics and propulsion for fundamental purposes and applied to aeronautics and space systems.
Research topics include:
- Characterization and modelling of components of propulsive systems
- Stability and control of massively separated flows and wakes
- Digital modelling and simulation for high-fidelity calculation of high Reynolds number flows
- Aerodynamics and propulsion of micro-drone and mini-drone systems
- Modelling of flow stability ;
- Boundary layer transition, turbulence modelling ;
- Two phase flows ;
- Heat transfers, aerothermodynamics ;
- Active and passive control of acoustics in free field and in ducts ;
- Space propulsion (solid, hybrid).
These research topics are developed with support from and in partnership with :
- French decision makers and financial support providers (DGA, CNES),
- Major French industrial stakeholders (Airbus, Safran, Dassault-Aviation, Liebherr Aerospace, Astrium, Eurocopter),
- research partners in space engineering and aeronautics (DLR, FOI, CIRA, NASA) and French
- international academic partners (IMFT, Cerfacs, Laplace, I2M, Pprime, LMFA, VKI, KTH, Bristol Univ, ITAM, Stanford Univ.).