More precisely, this Skills Sponsorship consists in making employees available during their work time to undertake public interest actions that make use of their skills. These temporary assignments can be assessed and give rise to a tax break.
LabSoft’s actions here will involve a technical contribution to the R&D work carried out by the IDEA team (Digital Innovation for Aerospace Education) at ISAE-SUPAERO.
Between technological innovations and “uberization” in the service sector, the market for information technology consulting companies (IT consulting) is up against new competition: big data, artificial intelligence, mobility, drones, blockchains, etc. All of these new technological resources available to companies are paradoxically pushing people in the market to refocus their attention on the human aspect, and more particularly on finding and keeping new talents.
Interview with Edouard Delpy, CEO of LabSoft
Could you present LabSoft for us?
Founded in 2001, LabSoft initially positioned itself as an IT reference in the market of medical analysis laboratories. A few years later, I wanted to breathe new life into the company, notably by diversifying its activities. We have an agency based in Toulouse (company headquarters) and a new branch was launched in Paris in 2018. LabSoft can now count on 150 specialized employees who can provide customized monitoring close to companies through a comprehensive service offer.
With growth exceeding 15% in 2018 and a sustained level of business in 2019, the company is now a high-quality partner whose goal is to provide its customers with support to meet their needs, whether in terms of engineering, services or IT solutions. In practice, the company’s skills are applied to four main fields: ATE (Air Traffic Management & Aircraft Engineering), CIS (Cloud computing, Infrastructure & Security), BMC (Business & Management Consulting) and DUD (Digital, UX and Data). This range of complementary knowledge enables LabSoft to forge long-term relations with its customers. In Toulouse and Paris, the market for these services can be found in companies of all sizes – multinationals, small businesses, the public sector – but also with our peers.
Could you explain the cooperation to be implemented with the signing of this skills sponsorship agreement?
This skills sponsorship was signed for a period of two years through to the end of 2022. It will enable us to initiate long-term cooperation on subjects of interest to both of our organizations:
- Digitization of Education: during this period marked by the constraints of social distancing, the spotlight is on the major challenge of knowledge sharing. Future resources, future media, the distribution of students throughout the regions, etc., our cooperation should make it possible to speed up the implementation of new, well-adapted solutions.
- Over the longer term, other challenges for our areas of expertise will enter into our cooperation: mastering the 3DX software suite by Dassault Systèmes, whose deployment is needed to meet our ambitions for the future green aircraft under development, not to mention neuroergonomics and human factors in the cockpit, another area of expertise shared by ISAE and LabSoft.
What interest does LabSoft have in signing this kind of cooperation?
We can see three main points of interest in this partnership:
- Transforming this difficult period into an opportunity to speed up programs or projects whose meaning and interest are sure to be reinforced;
- Increasing reciprocal understanding between our organizations;
- Lastly, because the human aspect is at the heart of our concerns, creating new relations, new teams and new skills in the service of the digital and aeronautical sectors in the Occitanie region.