With a structure based on a large common core curriculum and optional courses, this program gives students the opportunity to personalize their studies with teaching modules, elective courses, choices of industrial fields and sectors, and much more through a reinforced program, a double diploma or supplementary training. Many choices are offered
The core curriculum, a solid multidisciplinary program
The extensive core curriculum has three key components: science, humanities, engineering and business.
|Sciences||Humanities||Engineering and corporation|
|Flight mechanics and
Fluid mechanics and
Signals and systems
Mechanics of deformable
Talks and lectures
Art and culture : seminars
Elective modules, cinema workshops, visual
arts, literature, …
SECTORS OF EXPERTISE AND FIELDS OF APPLICATION
Beyond the common core curriculum, training is based on the acquisition of disciplinary and cross-curricular competencies.
MASTERING A SECTOR OF EXPERTISE
Students seeking to develop a scientific approach, to gain expertise in view of a technical profession or to pursue a doctorate, choose a sector of expertise in their third year for more in-depth training in a scientific discipline.
Six majors of expertise are offered :
- Structures and Materials : Computational Mechanics, Materials and processes, Aeronautical and space structures
- Space Science & Earth Observation : Space Science, Earth Science and Observation
- Computer science, Telecommunications and Networks : Model-Driven Engineering, Telecommunications and Networks
- Decision sciences : Industrial Engineering, Financial Engineering, Data and Decision sciences
- Signals and Systems : Electronics, Advanced Techniques in Image processing, Real-time control
- Fluid Dynamics : External Aerodynamics, Turbomachinery and Combustion
INVESTING IN A FIELD OF APPLICATION
In the context of the fields of application, the program provides students with a cross-curricular vision, thus rounding out the systems architecture approach.
The 6 fields of application proposed are :
- Aircraft Operations and design : Aircraft architecture, Helicopter design, Propulsion Systems, More electrical Aircraft
- Operations and Design of Space Systems : Space transportation systems, Orbital Systems
- Autonomous Systems : : Robotics, Unmanned Aerial Systems, Missiles
- Sustainable transport and Energy Systems : Energies and grids, Transportation systems and intermodality
- Complex Systems Modeling and Simulation : Deterministic Mathematics, Stochastic
- Neuro-IA : Design of complex systems integrating the human, Monitoring of the human, Decision, interaction at the joint initiative
PROJECTS FOR INTELLECTUAL, SCIENTIFIC AND HUMAN GROWTH
The program includes "innovation-creativity", "innovation-research" and "engineering-business" projects at regular intervals.
Projects play an essential role in ISAE-SUPAERO’s engineering training. They encourage scientific, intellectual and human growth and are opportunities for learning through real-life situations, applications and the completion of a concrete result.
Students complete several projects during their studies.
- Initiation to creativity methods
- Prior art search
- Field studies
- Project management
- Immersion into a research team
- Writing a scientific article (in English)
- Final presentation in English
- Industry : a customer
- Team management
- Project management
Students who have an innovative project with entrepreneurial prospects may be accompanied and receive support.
ELECTIVE COURSES, AN AREA OF FREEDOM
Optional courses are an opportunity for students to gain a deeper understanding of the courses in the scientific core curriculum from a formal and theoretical point of view.
They are also an opportunity to illustrate the courses in the scientific core curriculum with an application aspect and possibly a multidisciplinary dimension that enables them to link certain course content.
These modules also give students the possibility of looking into new disciplines and applications.
For example, the topics offered include:
- Geophysical flows
- Human spaceflight
- Wind propulsion
- Human factors
- Meteorology and oceanography
- Cybercrime and electronic warfare
- Miniaturisation limits : From nanotechnologies to nano-objects.
- Quantum engineering
- Telescopes and space surveillance
- Planetology and stellar physics
- Diversity management
- Human Centered Innovation by Design thinking
DUAL COMPETENCE PROGRAMS
Further information on the dual competence programs in the curricula.
WORK-STUDY (PROFESSIONAL TRAINING CONTRACT) IN THE THIRD YEAR
Students – as employees – alternate periods of studies and missions at companies. They are thus able to apply the theories they have learned in class on a daily basis, gain professional experience and consolidate their scientific and human skills.