The Foundation works to develop the Institute’s influence and global leadership by proposing and accelerating the implementation of innovative projects that contribute to a sustainable world.
Role and mission
5 axes structure its action:
- Outreach: attracting the best talent, promoting the international mobility of students and teacher-researchers and encouraging exchanges with foreign professors.
- Research and Teaching: promote the creation of teaching and/or research chairs, in coordination with the Institute, and participate in the organization of scientific seminars and conferences.
- Innovative Pedagogy: helping ISAE-SUPAERO to invest in innovative aeronautical and space technologies in a sustainable development perspective.
- Entrepreneurship: encouraging the emergence of young creative companies in the orbit of ISAE-SUPAERO.
- Diversity and social policy: encouraging the Institute’s social policy and equal opportunities by promoting, with the support of GIFAS, the OSE l’ISAE-SUPAERO program and by promoting the engineering profession among high school and college students.
Thanks to the fundraising it organizes from companies and individuals, the Foundation carries out its actions which take several forms:
• Encouraging the international mobility of students on the one hand and the recruitment of foreign students on the other hand by means of scholarships.
• Supporting the organisation of scientific and technical events for students and/or teacher-researchers.
• Support students’ general extracurricular activities on the one hand and their solidarity initiatives within the framework of the OSE l’ISAE program on the other hand.
• Supporting the creation of new research, teaching and training chairs at ISAE-SUPAERO.
• To finance the hosting of foreign teacher-researchers at the forefront of their field and to support ISAE-SUPAERO teacher-researchers going abroad by means of grants.
• Valuing research through the awarding of thesis prizes.
• Encouraging entrepreneurship through scholarships and, since 2019, promoting innovative and promising projects by awarding the Entrepreneurship Prize.
THE 2011-2018 FUNDRAISING CAMPAIGN
For its first fundraising campaign launched in 2011, ISAE-SUPAERO has reached the ambitious goal of 20 million euros raised in 2018 in order to lead the Institute to the highest rank in the world in the field of aeronautics and space.