Hisis - The illustrious history of the Institute
Discover the illustrious history of the Institute thanks to our large collection of digitized archival documents. The beginning of an ambitious, constantly evolving project, Hisis site is now available for consultation.
Through Hisis, learn about the many transformations that ISAE has undergone, testifying to the Institute’s capacity to continually adapt to technical and technological progress and its important contribution to the remarkable growth of the global aerospace industry.
The site will address a wide range of topics related to changes that have occurred over more than one century: the creation of two schools in Paris and their subsequent transfer to Toulouse, the evolution in buildings, organization, teaching and research activities, faculty, campus life, student associations and clubs, and scientific facilities, among others.
The rich heritage of ISAE has helped to make the Institute what it is today: a world leader in higher education and research in aerospace engineering.
We would love to hear from you !
The Library needs and welcomes your help to advance the preservation and valorization of the Institute’s heritage.
We are interested in viewing any testimonials or documents related to the history of ISAE (photographs, courses, reports, brochures, posters, films, etc.)
In light of the material difficulties associated with contacting all the authors or their beneficiaries, along with people visible in the pictures, and given the historical interest of these materials, ISAE has chosen to publicly diffuse the documents in its possession. However, the authors are entitled to the standard rights associated with these works. In addition, any person who is identifiable in documents online is entitled to rectify or delete personal data concerning him or her. If you wish to exercise this right, please contact the documentation department at: documentation at isae.fr
In compliance with current legislation:
- Any unauthorized use or extraction of material from the Hisis site is strictly prohibited and subject to legal sanctions for counterfeiting.
- Any use, even for private purposes, of all or a substantial part of the site requires prior authorization from ISAE.
- Any use of the textual or visual contents of the site, in particular for republication or other sites, internet or intranet, requires prior authorization from ISAE.
We would like to thank the following groups for their collaboration :
- All of the departments of ISAE,
- The Library or l’Ecole des Mines de Paris,
- The school picture company, David et Vallois,
- The Friends of ISAE-SUPAERO-ENSICA association,
- All individual donors and volunteers.