The project EuroGlider is a joint cooperation between the European Gliding Development Association (AEDEVV), Dassault Aviation and the student and research groups of the ISAE group.
Launched in 2014, the collaboration between the gliding community, a key player of the aeronautical industry and emerging talents focus on the design of the first self-launched training sailplane, based on electric propulsion. This unique project offers a golden for training future engineers on electric propulsion, one of the key directions for a greener aeronautical industry.
the key objectives for the ISAE Group :
- To expose students to multidisciplinary challenges, yet fulfilling industrial constraints
- To equip the future engineers with a prospective environment friendly think tank
- To participate in the development of electric propulsion within a project of an industrial calibre
Pledged towards innovation, the EuroGlider community regroups expertise from end-users to designers, thus creating a concerted effort to bring highly dedicated and creative contributors to a common goal that will certainly define the future of light and general aviation industry.
- European Gliding Development Association (AEDEVV)
- Dassault Aviation
- ISAE Group: ISAE-SUPAERO, ISAE-ENSMA, ESTACA, Ecole de l’Air
- Operational : to embrace the needs of European sailplane pilots and club managers
- Technical : to face difficulties in the implementation of an emerging technology, while ensuring safety, performance and affordable feasibility
- Educational : to facilitate the training of a new generation of aircraft designers, and pilots, through the creation of integrated knowledge communities
- Environmental : to reduce the environmental footprint of aeronautical activities
Project centric learning : at the heart of creativity and design
More than 60 students, since the launch of the project have enthusiastically contributed under the guidance of their professors and technical supervisors, to intrinsically multidisciplinary tasks, covering almost aeronautical engineering topics.
THE STUDENTS HAVE A CHANCE TO TRY THEIR HANDS ON A COMPLETE PRODUCT SIMILAR TO A REAL INDUSTRIAL ONE.
We will keep you updated on the periodical advances of the project. First flight scheduled in 2021.
Our news Research
We will be able to listen to the first sounds of the planet Mars thanks to the ISAE-SUPAERO microphone on the Perseverance rover
NASA’s long-awaited Mars 2020 mission will be launched this summer. The...